FAQ-Administration Department

I am a Supplier/Contractor. I want to provide my services or supply materials to the Council. What should I do?

As per the Public Procurement Act 2006, procurement of goods, services and works may be done by the following methods:

For Minor Contracts (Below Rs 15 Millions)

  • Direct Purchase
  • Sealed Quotations from a minimum of 3 suppliers
  • Restricted Bidding from a minimum of 5 suppliers
  • Open Advertised Bidding (through press notice)

For Major Contracts (Above Rs 15Millions)

  • Open Advertised Bidding through the Central Procurement Board.

The Municipal Council has compiled a list of Suppliers/Contractors who wish to be registered for the supply of goods, services and works

The said exercise is ongoing and a prospective Supplier/Contractor wishing to register his company may download the registration form at the link below and submit same to the Municipal Council to be enlisted.

I want to make a few suggestions to the Municipal Council. How should I proceed?

You may send your suggestion/s either by:

  • E-mail at mcvp@mail.la.govmu.org;
  • In the suggestion box fixed near the Malcom de Chazal Municipal Library (Town Hall);
  • Addressing a letter to the Chief Executive;

I want to donate books to the Municipal Library, What are the procedures that should be followed?
You have to address a letter to the Chief Executive with the list of books with details regarding the quantity and the price of each book to be donated.

Once approval of the President is obtained to accept your offer, the Senior Librarian will contact you.

I have a complaint to make. How should I proceed?
A customer care desk has been set up at the Municipality for registering complaints from inhabitants of the town and members of the public at large.

You may call on 6962975/76/77 and ask for the customer care officer and thereafter give details such as your name, address, contact number, and the nature of the complaint/s.

Your complaint will be directed to the department concerned for actions deemed necessary within a reasonable period of time. You will also be informed of the outcome by means of a letter or by phone.



© Municipal Council of Vacoas Phoenix
Designed and Maintained by AFM Communications